VERVE HIGH SCHOOL LESSON - 4/19/20
SUBJECT TO CHANGE | A series on change.
THINK ABOUT THIS:
Parents – until high school, students typically wait on adults to assign challenges or positive changes for them. This is the first time they’ve really had the freedom and ability to challenge themselves to do something new. So they may need your encouragement and guidance as they decide who they are, what they want for themselves, and how they can accomplish it.
ASK YOUR TEEN THIS:
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever challenged yourself to do?
- What’s something you’ve been meaning to change, but haven’t gotten around to?
- Which of the following typically keep you from making a change?
- You’re afraid to fail.
- You’re afraid to stand out.
- You don’t want to seem judgmental.
- It seems overwhelming.
- What’s one benefit of challenging yourself to change, even if you fail?
- What’s one area of your life where you feel like God might be challenging you in order to grow you?